Blog post 8 (which is due next week on Saturday, Oct 29 at 8 p.m.) will consist of audio, a photo, and some brief text.
You need to conduct your interview by class time next Wednesday, Oct 26. You will have the majority of the class period to edit your audio and post it online.
1. Find a relevant person with something to say about your topic. Set up a time for your interview. Have a backup plan.
2. Prepare and research a few questions.
3. Do an in-person interview with your audio recorder. (No phone interviews.) Use a mic and headphones if you have them.
4. Photograph your subject. Make sure your photo is clear, in focus, and that we can see the person’s face.
5. Bring everything to class on Wednesday, Oct 26. In class, edit your audio interview to a maximum of 2 minutes. Export as an .mp3.
6. Write up a short introduction to your post. Who is the person? Why is she/he someone we should hear from? What does she/he have to say? Make the audience want to read more.
8. Post your text introduction, a photo of the subject, and your edited audio interview to your blog using SoundCloud in one blog post.
9. Write a compelling headline that mentions your subject’s name and uses descriptive key-words.
Your post will be graded on the following:
-Text introduces subject and context (Clearly written, no typos, proper grammar and spelling)
-Content of edited audio (Is it compelling, relevant, worth hearing, sharing?)
-Quality of the recording
-Quality of the editing
-Strong photograph of subject
Example of what this will look like:
-See Julio Diaz remembers being robbed. (StoryCorps)
-See Chef Rakesh Ramola, proud chef and owner of Indeblue, an example of a student’s assignment from last semester.