Due Sunday, February 11 by 8 p.m.
Each student will select a beat and set up and maintain a blog. The blog must have a specific focus (i.e., a subject, a neighborhood, a specific topic). Your topic must be approved by the instructor.
Blogs must have the following elements:
- Specific, focused, and accessible beat
- Compelling, informative title
- Appropriate theme and complete design
- About page or text on your sidebar that explains your publication. This text must include author’s full name.
- Blogroll with at least five other online publications or blogs related to beat or topic
- Archives widget
- Blog Stats widget
- Time zone set correctly. (Select “New York” in WordPress)
- Check spelling, grammar, and AP style.
Post #1 should introduce yourself and your blog topic to your audience. Outline what you hope to accomplish in the coming weeks, what kinds of stories you plan to do, etc.
-Check spelling, grammar, and AP style.
For specific instructions, see How To Set Up Your Blog Using WordPress.com