Due Monday, Feb. 3 at beginning of class
First, review the advice for picking a beat for this semester. When you have a topic, write out your beat pitch in concrete and specific terms.
Your beat pitch must describe:
1. Topic, geographic location, or community you are going to cover (Example: Caring for elderly parents)
2. Title for your blog. It should be compelling and descriptive. (Example: The New Old Age)
3. One sentence catchphrase. It should sum it up the topic and/or the audience in one concise sentence. (Example: A focus on the elderly and the adult children who struggle to care for them.)
4. Your target audience. Describe the age, location, job, education, and interests of your audience. (Example: Baby boomers with elderly parents. Adults over age 80 are the fastest growing segment of the population.)
5. Mission and Content. In a few sentences, describe what you are setting out to do and what kinds of content you plan to create. (Example: Provide news and advice for people looking for information on how to care for their elderly parents. Will feature articles on medical issues, family dynamics, the range of care services, and end of life challenges.)